I seriously cannot believe how fast March has come ! Wedding season has been in full force and I’ve been swamped with bridal appointments.
I also realized that it’s about time I did a write up that’s catered to brides-to-be. Whether you’re planning on doing your own makeup, or if you need products on the actual wedding day itself, you need to know why these made it to my 10 Bridal Makeup Must Haves list.
Why are these my top 10 Bridal Makeup Must Haves ?
Let me break it down for you !
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – I continuously try and experiment with concealers and NARS radiant creamy concealer always does the job. I mix these with either my Cle de Peau or M.A.C full coverage concealers. I look at the Radiant Creamy concealers as a bridge that makes two ends meet. It works extremely well on its own but when mixed with a creamier texture, it seals the deal. Even compared to Tarte’s Shape Tape, I still reach out for my NARS concealers.
- Ben Nye Neutral Set – this no fuss, ‘let me do my job’ setting powder is lightweight & has no flashback unlike Makeup forever’s Ultra HD powder. The best part is the price point. Ben Nye’s products are underrated by most MUAs, in my opinion. In comparison to the more popular, Laura Mercier translucent powder, I find the Neutral Setting powder works better for baking and setting the under eye area.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow – Hands down, I absolutely love not just the texture of these two shades, but the color tone of both bronze and highlighter. This duo is a match made in heaven. You also can’t deny that gorgeous packaging!
- KVD Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick – these have recently been launched in Sephora and I am going gaga over the color pay off and texture. Nothing about KVD’s makeup line has ever been mediocre. But her lip range has got to be one that I recommend the most. Matte lipsticks can severely chap lips as the hours pass by and it just kills it on brides. A non-drying, long lasting, creamier texture looks great on photos and up close and personal.
- Marc Jacobs Dew drops coconut gel highlighter -I have so much love for this product. First off, not to be vain, but this product just looks so classy and chic on a makeup table. Wedding photographers that always shoot the makeup table, this product right here, takes things up a notch instantly. The formulation of the gel highlighter is not just hydrating but also has a delicate coconut scent. You feel like you should already be on a plane to get to your idyllic honeymoon getaway. The highlight is a beautiful soft gold that will pop any skin tone! For all you brides that want that bridal glow, this is it!
- TARTE Inner Rim Liner – If there’s a pencil that can make you your eyes instantly brighter and wider, then this is it. Perfect to use under the brows for definition and the inner rim. I’ll even use this on the corners of the eyes first, then add highlight on top for some extra sizzle.
- ESQIDO mink lashes – Ladies, lashes transform any makeup look. But Esqido mink lashes take it to the next level. Their mink lashes, unlike Huda beauty, don’t weigh a ton. They are extremely lightweight regardless of the lash style. My top 10 bridal makeup must haves, would not be complete if I didn’t mention Esqido. I treat my brides by gifting and using a pair of Esqido lashes. They are top of the line, hand crafted lashes that come in a luxurious box.
- TARTE Toasted Eye shadow palette – TARTE keeps getting better and better and the Toasted palette has the most essential shades for bridal eye makeup. The warm shades of browns used in the palette will freshen any eye makeup look. There is a harmonious selection of light, medium and deeper tones. Every eyeshadow in this palette is a color that can be used for a day or night bridal look.
- Scott Barnes Body Bling – As a bride, it’s the attention to detail that sets you apart from everybody else. Your face cannot be the only thing that’s beat ! Body Bling by Scott Barnes gives your skin an instant pick me up. Your skin will gleam in all the right places, enhancing the contours of your arms and color bones. Trust me, you don’t want your skin looking dull and ashy when compared to your makeup.
- Skindinavia Makeup finishing Spray – No makeup look of mine is complete without spritzing Skindinavia through out my makeup application. I have been using this product for several years now and I’ve been loyal to them for good reason. I use the Makeup Finishing spray before I prep the skin, in between the makeup, and finally at the end, once it’s done. The spray not only works great for refreshing the skin, but it helps the makeup to hold on longer than it normally would. Unlike, M.A.C Fix + ( which btw doesn’t set makeup contrary to what most ppl think ) you can spray this several times without changing the way the makeup looks. Your makeup will remain fresh and last longer throughout the day or night.
So there you go ladies, these are my top 10 Bridal Makeup must haves. These products will not only help your makeup stand the test of time, but they are perfect additions that can be added into your makeup routine after the honey moon. On a side note, please remember to hold down the fort with your skincare routine. As the days get closer, you may stress out. Your skin might also start reacting differently. It is essential for you and your makeup artist, that you hydrate yourself continually the weeks before your wedding day. Dry and dehydrated skin is every makeup artist’s nightmare. Bare in mind, your MUA is limited if he/she is dealing with patchy skin.
I hope you ladies find this helpful. If you’ve spotted any of your favs, pop them in the comments below. And if you’ve got some recommendations, advice or feedback for other brides-to-be, your feedback would be highly appreciated.